Sunday, November 14, 2010

How Far My Procrastination Will Go


Around October 12th of last year (2009), a close friend of someone I talk to online commissioned a drawing from me. He wanted the next tattoo he got to be of his son and daughter going around his left forearm. His son, a Halo fan, was to be in a mech battle suit. His daughter took martial arts and calisthenics. I took on the job as a request and declined any sort of pay.

And here I am, over a year later, finally having done something that didn't take me all that long to do. It was a combination of "writer's block" and laziness. "Life got in the way." But not really. You might wonder if accepting compensation would've made me more likely to finish it up sooner. I honestly don't think so.

So, here it is. Work done over the course of 2 days (backed up by the foundation of a year of starts and stops and mulling over it in self-loathing guilt), as I batted ideas back and forth constantly with the client.


No comments: